Tuesday 8 December 2009

December 8 2009

Roy died in Ipswich hospital on Monday, 7 December, after a short illness. Kate, Harry and I were at his bedside as we had been since they came home the preceding Saturday, and he was comfortable and not in pain. They are staying to help me with paper and computer work --indeed, to deal with virtually all of it --over the next few days.

The good news is that when I saw my oncologist on Friday, 27 November (the day after Roy went into the hospital), an x-ray showed that my lung tumour had shrunk a bit and the entire lung looked slightly better. Dr Podd said that I am a miracle.

Needless to say, we have had loving support from all our friends. But we have a long way to go as we haven't received the death certificate yet.

1 comment:

Leslie and Ashley DeVore said...

Dear Julanne,
Just read your blog. What a shock, so sorry to hear about Roy.
I will tell Sweet Sue.
It's good that your family is there.
Thinking of you. I will write more later.
Love and best wishes,
Leslie