Monday 2 March 2009

2 March 2009

I am in the middle of my second lung chemo session & feeling very well, & the oestrogen pills (yes, just estrogen) for the breast cancer are causing no problems. I see consultants for both problems on 3 & 6 April.

Willa has been here for 2 weeks & has made a major difference to Roy's & my daily lives, doing everything from laundry & cooking to cracking jokes & buoying us up -- & there are four more weeks to go before her return to the US!!

Roy has unfortunately not felt very well since his fall some weeks ago, but we hope he'll soon be up to travel to Manchester for a visit with Harry & family in about a week. So we're not doing too badly, if not as well as might have been hoped.

3 comments:

sunrise girl said...

How wonderful it is to have Willa around to keep everything lively. I was glad to read your update!
SS

Leslie and Ashley DeVore said...

Hello Julanne!
I finally got the correct address for your blog and am caught up to date.
Hope Roy will be well enough to go to Manchester.
Sweet Sue is leaving for Colorado, where her daughter expects triplets in 3 weeks!
Love and best wishes to both,
Leslie (via Ashley)

Irish Eyes are Smiling said...

Hope this finds you all as well as you can be, Julanne, Willa and Roy. Happy St. Patrick's Day tomorrow - I will think of you always when I eat some cabbage. I am doing fine, if tired at end of term, and am off to DC/NYC next week on Tuesday March 24 and back in UK on Wednesday April 1. When can I come to Needham to visit? Let me know. Love, always, Finola